Independent School District #314
The Community, through the Board of Education of Independent School District #314,
has the responsibility to provide educational opportunities for all students within the
The school’s purpose is to help each student develop emotionally, intellectually, morally,
physically and socially to meet the challenges of the present and to prepare for the
various roles that one may hold in adult life.
The Board of Education recognizes the following Educational Goals as important in the
education of students:
- To provide for an appreciation and awareness of our civilization and its cultural
- To provide a basic body of psychological information and an atmosphere of
respect that will provide good emotional development.
- To provide for the physical development of all students through information and
- To provide for the healthy social development of all students.
- To provide for the development of skills in reading.
- To provide for the development of skills in writing.
- To provide for the development of skills in mathematics.
- To provide for the acquisition of a basic knowledge of sciences and technology.
- To provide for the development of an awareness and an acceptance of a citizen’s
rights and responsibilities.
- To provide information and the opportunity to learn skills that will allow a student
to cope with day-to-day living problems before and after graduation.
The Board of Education also recognizes the following Administrative goals as important
in working with staff and students:
- To provide for a regular review of the entire curriculum.
- To provide for an ongoing staff development program.
- To maintain a set of school district goals which will be reviewed yearly.
- To provide for and carry out a staff evaluation program.